- PHP, Symfony framework, WordPress, Drupal, Python, Java, Apache, Cherokee
- MySQL, Apache Cassandra (NoSQL), Oracle Database
- Version Control & IDE
- Git, Subversion, PHP Storm, Eclipse IDE, JGrasp
- Other Software
- Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash
- Soft skills
- data modeling, usability design, web accessibility, agile development, object oriented programming, drawing and graphics, thinking about business strategy
- Datto Inc.
- January 2015 – Present
- Associate Software Engineer
- Rochester, NY
Alerting and Reporting team: Ported backup error tracking from MySql to Cassandra (a NoSQL database), improving the efficiency of both the error reporting system and the remaining MySQL tables.
Core Products team: Improved and maintained the on-board code for backup and business continuity appliances, as part of an agile scrum team. Refactored and unit tested legacy code, improving readability and security. Implemented and tested several new features on a tight schedule, and completed them in time for the annual conference. Identified usability issues, and worked with the product owner to find solutions.
- The Vanguard Group (via Randstad US)
- June – December 2013
- UI Intern
- Malvern, PA
Developed and tested Java Server Facelets web applications as part of an agile development team. Converted visualizations of customers’ accounts to Angular JS, and added unit tests to improve maintainability. Documented the development process to help new team members acclimate and start contributing faster.
- Penn State University – Teaching and Learning with Technology
- June – August 2012
- Web Accessibility Intern
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- September 2010 – December 2014
- Information Technology major
- GPA: 3.96
- summa cum laude
- Presidential Scholar
- Dean’s List
- University of Technology, Sydney
- February – June 2014
- study abroad student
- coursework in Cloud Computing, Data Mining, Marketing, Economics